On the square at E. Washington Ave. & N. Pinckney St. Burned 1868
For a picture see WHi-11701
from the Wisconsin Historical Society collection
First territorial legislature meeting in Madison held here because capital was not yet finished (1838)
On this site part of the American
Exchange Bank, built in 1871, still stands.
The was another hotel named American House