The Park Hotel was initially built by a group of Madison businessmen to accommodate the needs of the legislators
Opens on August 19, 1871. Originally to be built on Mills' corner at Wisconsin and Main. Four stories of brick and stone under an elaborate mansard
roof, a double-decker piazza along its 116 feet of Carroll Street frontage, the hotel has 118 rooms and the first full indoor plumbing on the Square.