– Not coffin.
– Graves are closed, not filled.
– Low stonework used to delineate family plots. Some times have a step or steps at the entrance.
Cremains or Cremated Remains
– Not ashes.
– A concrete enclosure for interment. Mausoleum crypts are generally above ground and in buildings.
Monuments, Memorials or Headstones
– Not tombstones.
– Graves are opened, not dug.
– Tuberculosis seemed to consume people from within with its symptoms of bloody cough, fever, pallor, and long relentless wasting.
Tuberculosis or TB
– An infectious disease caused by bacteria whose scientific name is Mycobacterium tuberculosis. TB most commonly affects
the lungs but also can involve most any organ of the body. Many years ago, this disease used to be called "Consumption" because without effective
treatment, these patients often would waste away. Today, of course, tuberculosis usually can be treated successfully with antibiotics.