First 3rd Ward School Brearly & Jennifer Opened fall 1857
Identical to First Ward School
opening the same time
Second 3rd Ward School/Brayton School
300 block of E. Washington Ave.
accross from GEF1
Brayton School: Formerly the Third Ward School. It first opened to classes on
January 23, 1888. It was renamed in 1904 in honor of Louisa Brayton, the first
teacher in Madison.