Madison Books – Written by Madisonians
- A Wisconsin Woman's Picture of President Lincoln – Cordelia Harvey – Harvey recounts her meeting with Lincoln. (23 pages)
- The First Wisconsin Cavalry at the capture of Jefferson Davis (1898) – Henry Harnden – pdf
- The Locomotive God – William Ellery Leonard (1927) – Professor of English at the UW
- Don't Look Behind You – Samuel Rogers (1944) – The author was a professor at the UW. The story takes place in a town with many similarities to Madison.
- United Artists: The Company Built By the Stars – Balio (1976) – Balio worked for the UW and Persuaded United Artists to donate their film library years ago
& United Artists: The Company that Changed the Film Industry – Balio (1986)
- Blood Knot – Bruce Algozin (1982)
- Madlands – Allen Kirsch (1994)
- The Chimney Sweeper – John Peyton Cooke (1995) – Cooke put the Skeleton Story and the drifter-murderer story together and fashioned a novel. +
- Classic Wisconsin Weekends – Michael Bie (2002)
& It Happened in Wisconsin – Michael Bie (2007)
- Football Madison Style – Wayne Kelliher (2003)
- From Generation to Generation – Rabbi Manfred Swarsensky () Story of the Madison Jewish community's first 100 years
& Intimates and Ultimates – Rabbi Manfred Swarsensky () A collection of Swarsensky's speeches and essays
- Vampire Cabbie – Fred Schepartz (2007) – About a 1000 year old vampire forced to drive a taxi in Madison.
- Save Me, Julie Kogon – Allen Ruffchance (2007)
- Arrested Development: A Veteran Police Chief Sounds Off About Protest, Racism, Corruption, and the Seven Steps Necessary to Improve Our Nation's Police – David Couper (2011)
- Into the Story – () – A collection of reporting that contains several Madison reminiscences.
- They marched into the sunlight – (2003)
- Clemente – () Biography of the late baseball star Roberto Clemente.
- When Pride Still Mattered – () Vince Lombardi biography.