The Memorial Union
- The second floor of the building is rumored to be haunted. A woman dressed in clothes from the 1800's has been seen standing at the top of the stairs leading from the first to the second floor, and then she disappears. Also a strange feeling of not being alone, and clocks and watches will spin out of control.
- The stage of the Union Theater is said to be haunted. Reportedly theater staff keeps a light burning on stage to make the ghost feel welcome. There are also rumors about lights in the sound booth turning on by themselves.
Other Haunted Madison Locations
- Mar 14, 1931 - Gerald P. Christenson shoots self in head on terrace
- 1939, during construction of the Wisconsin Union Theater, a construction worker died.
- On March 12, 1950, the Minneapolis Symphony was playing when its timpanist, Samuel Segal, collapsed and died in the middle of the show. His body was carried offstage while the rest of the symphony finished the number.