Madison Gas & Electric Co. Powerhouse

100 S. Blount St./717 E. Main St.     Built 1902     Madison Landmark     National Register     Neoclassical     Claude & Starck
The MG&E Powerhouse complex. The site where the powerhouse stands today was the site of the first gas company in the city organized in 1855. The MG&E powerhouse is still in use.