Edward F. & Elizabeth Riley Residence
2930 Lakeland Ave. Built 1908 Madison Landmark
Colonial Revival Frank Riley
The home has two fronts, one facing Oakridge Avenue, and the other facing Lakeland Avenue. The
Lakeland entrance features an Elliptical fan light decorating the doorway and a gabled-roof porch
on Ionic columns. The Oakridge side features side-lights at the doorway, sheltered by a pent-roofed
hood. A large semi-circular window lights the second story.
Edward was a prominent local businessman who served as the president of the short lived
Village of Fair Oaks
The house was designed for the Riley’s by their son, Frank, it was his first commission.
also designed, among other buildings, the
Maple Bluff Country Club,
Madison East High School
First Church of Christ, Scientist
Security State Bank
Frank Riley lived in this house from 1918 until his death in 1949.