Truman E. Bird House

215 N. Pinckney St.     Built 1861
Built by Truman E. & Ellen M. Bird. They lived here until 1880s.
Truman came to Madison in 1855 to join brother Ira in a carriage manufacturing business. There used to be a Carriage House on the property. Truman represented the second ward on the city council 1862.