John E. and Olive Davies House
27-29 Langdon St. Built 1874 Italianate/Mediterranean
Major remodeling in 1926. This is probably when the house was sided in stucco and brick
and received its Mediterranean Revival details.
Built for Prof. John & Anna Davies
Professor of Natural History and Chemistry, he died in 1900.
Once a sorority(still?)
This large Italianate house was built in 1874 for Prof. John Davies, a distinguished
professor of Natural History and Chemistry, and his wife Anna. Prof. Davies died in
1900. A major remodeling occurred in 1926 and this is probably when the house was
sided in stucco and brick and received its Mediterranean Revival details, evident mostly
on the Langdon Street side of the house. After the remodeling a sorority moved into the house.