401 N. Carroll St. Built 1863 Madison Landmark
Built for Madison lawyer Daniel K. & Mary Jane Tenney.
Tenney donated money to the MPPDA
Breese J. & Emma Stevens
bought the house in 1870.
Stevens served as Madison’s 19th mayor, curator of the State Historical Society, and a UW regent.
Breese Stevens field
is named for him, as is Breese Terrace.