Louis Hobbins House/St. Antonius Hospital
423 N. Carroll St. Built 1853 Italianate
Built for David Johnson.
St. Antonius Hospital
For a short time (ca. 1891) the first hospital in Madison
serving the general public.
The core of this sandstone and brick Italianate house dates back to 1853 and several
additions were added later in the 19th century. It was built for David Johnson who
moved a couple of years later. This house was used for a short time ca. 1891 as the first
hospital in Madison serving the general public.