510 N. Carroll St. Built 1856-58 Madison Landmark
by Donnell & Kutzbock
Originally built for hardware dealer Samuel & Lorain Fox.
Acquired the next year by Van Slyke, then cashier of the Dane County Bank, and his second wife,
Annie. He was on the original Madison city counsel (1856), assisted in the early development of
the UW serving as a regent.