Jeremiah T. Marston House
524 N Henry St. Built 1851 Demolished 1962
Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity 1909 to 1923
Alpha Chi Rho Fraternity 1925 - 1942 & 1946 - 1962
Greek Revival. The location he chose for his house was then considered to be quite remote
from the rest of the town, which was clustered around the Capitol.
Marston operated a store on State Street. The Marstons built a new house in the early 1870s
near Lake Wingra. The house on Henry Street was the last residence of Chief Justice Edward
G. Ryan, who died in 1880, and was then occupied by A.B. Van Cott. Delta Kappa Epsilon
fraternity raised the roof, added dormer windows, and glassed in the upper porch.