114 W. Gilman St. Built 1856-57, Addition 1885 Italianate
Built for Julius T. & Catherine White.
Ezra & Jeanne Carr lived in this house 1859 - 1868. Ezra was a professor of chemistry and geology. John Muir was a frequent visitor of the Carr’s.
Joseph W. & Mary Hobbins, early Madison business leader. The Hobbins family owned the house from
1873 to the 1930s