210 Monona Ave. Built 1851
For a picture see WHi-31341
from the Wisconsin Historical Society collection
David Atwood and partner Royal Buck, Publishers of
the Madison Argus, built the house.
The Red Brick was made by Peter H. Van Bergen
at his kiln in madison
Atwood owned the half next to the corner where his
new home would be built later.
Buck owned the other half for less than a year when his wife died and he went to Fond du Lac,
in 1853 Atwood bought the other half.
Gov Farwell lived here while his
Octogonal Mansion was built.