LaFollette House in Maple Bluff 314 S. Broom St. Built 1854 Madison Landmark
This house was the Madison home of Robert M. La Follette, Sr., and Belle Case La Follette from
the time of their marriage until they moved to the Governor's Mansion on Gilman Street in 1901.
The house actually fronted on Wilson Street and the La Follettes' property extended back to
Lake Monona. After the La Follettes moved, the property was subdivided into several small lots
and the address of the original house, which is a Madison historic landmark, is now 314 S.
Broom Street. La Follette's sister Josephine and her husband Judge Robert Siebecker lived in
the house next door.