121 W. Wilson St. Built 1855-56 Burned 1976 by Donnell & Kutzbock
Built for William B. Jarvis from red brick made at a kiln, owned by W.A.P. Morris, at the turn
of Langdon Street. The brick for
Governor Farwell's octagonal
came from this kiln. Only three of the fourteen rooms in the house were four-sided. The house
later had a spiral staircase from the first to the fourth floor.
bought the house in 1866.
His daughter Ms. Charles Atwood owned it until sold to Knights of Pythias in 1925.
It was later remodeled and used as a headquarters for the Salvation Army.