Wakeley-Giles Building

117-119 E. Mifflin St.     Built ca. 1869     Madison Landmark     National Register

Originally built as a residence turned into a commercial building in the early 1900s. From about 1911 to 1922 it was the offices and printing plant for Rasmus B. Andersonís Amerika, a Norwegian language newspaper. Anderson served as ambassador to Denmark.