101 N. Blount St. Built 1909 Madison Landmark
National Register Prairie Robert L. Wright
Madison built the City Market in 1909 to provide a sheltered place where area farmers could sell their produce to city residents. Is use as a
market didnít last long because of itís distance from downtown. In the 1920s the building was used as a dance hall and teen center. Then for
many years it was used as a garage for the city streets department.
In 1987 the building was converted into apartments.