Nichols Station/Madison Water Works

311 N. Hancock St. (427 E. Gorham St.)     Built 1917     Madison Landmark     National Register     Prairie     Balch and Lippert
Nichols Station played an important role in the development of Madison's water supply system, and retains one of its original twin Allis-Chalmers steam-driven pumping engines. Constructed the building around and eventually enclosing the still-operating old pumping station.

The station continued operation until 1976.