Joseph & Emlen Davies House

428 N. Livingston St.     Built 1907     Madison Landmark     Georgian Revival
Built for Joseph and Emlen Davies. A transitional phase between Victorian and Georgian Revival architecture. Davies, a prominent Madison lawyer, served as President Wilsonís economic advisor and later as ambassador to the Soviet Union. Davis never forgot his Madison roots, giving his enormous collection of Russian art to the Elvehjem Art Museum.
Landmark Nomination