Maple Bluff CC -
Maple Bluff received its name in 1880. Prior to that, beginning in 1842, it was McBride's Point, for James McBride, who bought it that year.
The original Ho-Chunk name was Neosho, "Containing Water."
A sandstone quarry in Maple Bluff supplied the stone used to build the original Governorís Mansion on Gilman Street and the second capitol building.
At the Maple Bluff Beach the Kurtz and Huegel Ice Company cut ice from the lake.