John George & Lucia Ott House
         
754 Jenifer St.     Built 1873-74     Madison Landmark     National Register     High Victorian Italianate
One of the finest High Victorian houses in Madison and the grandest remaining 19th century mansion in the Third Lake Ridge Historic District. German craftsmen probably executed the intricate woodwork on porches and bays, detailed brickwork and carved stone trim.

Arriving here from Switzerland in 1850, Ott rose to prominence in business, ethnic, and civic affairs. He served his neighborhood as alderman and county supervisor and led the campaign to turn the old Village Cemetery into Orton Park.