901 University Bay Dr. Built
Inscription: Squire William Pethrick, English barrister and gentleman farmer, used native stone and timber to build this house here in 1853
on 30 acres of land. Pethrick chose the site because he believed that Madison's State Street would eventually be extended to his home.
Pethrick sold the property in 1876. Mrs. Freda Keys Winterble purchased it in 1943. She restored the home preserving its original architectural
style and named it Keystone House. The Wis. Alumni Research Foundation purchased the property in 1967 and gave it to the University of Wisconsin.