Ten Things That Would Be Different If
Microsoft Started Building Cars
- A model year of a car wouldn't be available until after
that year instead of before it.
- Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to
buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, and you would
have to restart it. For some strange reason, you would just accept
- You could only have one person in the car at a time, unless you
bought a Car95 or CarNT. But then you would have to buy more seats.
- Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was powered by the sun,
twice as reliable and five times as fast - but it would only run on
5 percent of the roads.
- The oil, engine, gas, and alternator warning lights would be
replaced with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
- People would get excited about the "new" features in Microsoft
cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other
cars for years.
- We'd all have to switch to Microsoft gas.
- The U.S. Government would be getting subsidies from an automaker,
instead of giving them.
- New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.