Langdon St. Bult 1911 Demolished 1956 Arthur Peabody
The athletic annex was built on the east side of the red gym. It provided space for a running track
and a baseball cage, allowing the gym's fourth floor to become a gymnasium.
The Annex served the athletic department in its role until the completion of the Camp Randall
Memorial Shell in 1956, when the annex space became needed for the erection of the Wisconsin
Center building. In the summer of 1956, the gym annex, and the old YMCA building, were razed by
the Madison Moving and Wrecking Company.