Field House

1450 Monroe St.     Built 1929-30     Italian Renaissance     Stevens & Knudsen     Madison Landmark     National Register

The menís basketball team edged Carroll College 17-14 in the first game there on Dec. 13, 1930.

A young Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) boxed here.

Dec. 7, 1941, many gathered at the Field House to learn of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the event broadcast over radio throughout the state.