Historical Society

816 State St.     Built 1896-1900     National Register     Neoclassical/Beaux Arts     Ferry & Clas
Additions in 1914 and 1965
The Wisconsin Historical Society began in the State Capitol.
Built to house the University of Wisconsin library and the collections of the State of Wisconsin Historical Society.
The UW moved their collection to the Memorial Library in 1950.