The University of Wisconsin Campus - Music Hall
925 Bascom Mall Built 1878 National Register of Historic Places
- Origionally known as Assembly Hall, built to provide space for the University’s
library collections and for large gatherings, lectures and performances.
- It's function as an assembly hall ceased when the
Red Gym took over in 1892.
- The University moved the library collections to the
New Library/Historical Society Building in 1900
- Home of the Music School from 1900 to 1969 when they moved to the
- 'On Wisconsin' was introduced here in 1909 by it's authors Purdy and Beck
- Renamed Music Hall in 1910
- Speakers in Assembly Hall included
Gov. Robert LaFollette,
John F. Kennedy, and Frank Lloyd Wright
- Memorial services for University Presidents John Bascom (1911) and Charles Van Hise (1919)