Ski Jump/Toboggan Slide
In 1919 a group of students built a ski jump on the hill with the landing slide extending down onto
the lake. This wooden structure became part of the 1930 Homecoming bonfire.
In 1933 newly formed Hoofers Club raised money for a permanent steel jump on the same site. During
WWII, ROTC cadets used the jump for mock military exercises. Weighing in at 55 tons and standing 56
feet high the jump was removed permanently in 1957.