University of Wisconsin Presidents/Chancellors Residences

1st     On Observatory Hill near the observatory     Built Ca. 1854     Italianate

2nd     772 Langdon St     Demolished 1938     Second Empire
The house was built by Charles Bross and traded to the University in 1887. The house served as the official President's House, although not all Presidents lived there, from 1888 until 1925, when John Olin left his house at 130 N. Prospect to the University to be used as the residence of the President. The house was also used later as the Union Annex. Torn down to make way for the construction of the Union Theater.

3rd     130 N. Prospect Ave.     Built 1911-12     Ferry & Clas